Scientific Advisory Committee
The role of the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) is to support the stated goals of Soricimed Biopharma Inc. by providing recommendations on the quality and direction of research within our research laboratory and contracted research laboratories. The SAC also has the responsibility to provide recommendations on all technical and policy issues that bear on the full and effective utilization of Soricimed as a state-of-the-art research body, and on future developments required to maintain the scientific and technical productivity of the body at the highest possible level.
- Professor Jack Stewart, Chair. Click here for biography.
- Dr. Nicole Berchtold, PhD, 2000, , neurobiology and behaviour, University of California, Irvine. Assistant Specialist, Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, Irvine CA
- Dr. Rita Nigam, PhD, pharmacology and toxicology, 1995, Queen’s University, Kingston ON. Regulatory and clinical experimental design specialist Dr. Nigam has been a senior clinical scientist, acting director/clinical research manager, and senior manager, regulatory and clinical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Dr. David Saltman, MD, 1982, PhD 1989, Medical Research Council, Edinburgh, Scotland; Medical oncologist, Memorial University; Clinical design specialist, chair of the Division of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland. Dr. Saltman has also worked as a scientist and as the Director of clinical and medical affairs in small and medium-sized pharmaceutical companies. He has a special interest in new drug development, the management of hematological, CNS and gastrointestinal malignancies and in community oncology and telemedicine.
- Dr. Valentin K. Gribkoff, PhD, 1983, physiological psychology and neuroscience, University of California, Riverside. Presently CSO and senior vice-president of discovery research, Knopp Neurosciences Inc., and adjunct professor at Yale University
- Dr. Jana Sawynok, PhD, 1977, Queen’s University, Kingston ON, Professor and head of the Pharmacology Department, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS. Dr. Sawynok is an internationally recognized expert in pain and analgesia.
- Dr. Anthony J. Reiman, MD, 1996. Associate professor, Division of Medical Oncology, Dalhousie University; medical oncologist, Department of Oncology, Saint John Regional Hospital, Saint John NB. Dr. Reiman has also worked in senior research and management capacities with the National Cancer Institute of Canada, Clinical Trials Group.
- Dr. Kenneth E. Keirstead (ad hoc member) See Company Executive Biographies
- Dr. T. Toney Ilenchuk (ad hoc member) See Company Executive Biographies